03 April 2019

Google Home Max

  • Have owned this ugly piece of junk for about a month now. Sits in my little study room and the sound is simply AMAZING! Sad to say but it even sounds better than my 12 year old Meridian F80 which costs 7X more (non-inflation adjusted at that!).
  • Listened to a few others (Sonos 5, JBL Link 300,  Klipsch The Three, Bowers and Wilkins Zeppelin, etc) and this easily blows them away. I have to qualify that I have no idea how the GHM will sound in a large room though, but it is perfect for the small confined rectangular space of my study.
  • Other pluses for me : Google Assistant voice control, 3.5 mm Aux in port (seamless switching to sound from connected TV), music casting from Cloudbeats. 
  • Excellent excellent excellent. Looks can be so deceiving.
  • Highly recommended, needless to add.

No comments: