16 November 2015
10 September 2015
"we are on the cusp of something momentous, the soul of this nation is stirring and we must be the ones to awaken it"
Highlights for me : [14:24-16:10] [25:33-27:19]
17 August 2015
- Catch up post. Trade done while I was away, GTC sell order filled on 12Aug15 in the midst of the China shock devaluation saga. [Actually was not that big a surprise to me given in the last year, EUR/USD has weakened from 1.40 to 1.10, and USD/JPY has gone from 100 to 125. How can China not be affected in the face of such massive strengthening in the RMB].
- Weekly : Waiting for support line around 98.57 to give way. Clear that prices above 98.70-ish unsustainable.
- Daily : Same conclusion as weekly. 98.575 break would be signal for bigger downside.
30 July 2015
24 July 2015
20 July 2015
- Into 2nd round of short EDZ6 trades.
- Daily chart : Minor uptrend line broken. Sold the break of Friday's low of 98.62. Stop on first entry at 98.66 lowered.
- Weekly chart : Should see support in the low 50s. Plan is to exit shorts there and re-assess. Break of the weekly uptrend line would be very significant then.
- My baseline scenario : Sep rate hike. Vigilance and diligence in shorting called for or else too easy to miss big move. Expect that in retrospect, we will look back on China meltdown and Greece as heaven sent shorting opportunities.
19 July 2015
- Friday night's weekly close at 1128.70, is a first break of the significant 1131.50 previous low.
- From here, expect a test of 1000 to come, but I am inclined to try buying into the decline for investment account. GTC bid for GLD ETF in place for 1.5 years already now looks like will be filled soon after a long wait.
16 July 2015
- 2nd BOC rate cut last night to 0.50% pushed USD/CA above Mar2015 high at 1.2834. Currently trading at 1.2932.
- Mar2009 post-subprime crisis high at 1.3063 within sight. Do not expect an easy runaway break though.
- Strong trending USD/CAD often a good indicator of presence of a dominant underlying market theme (eg CAD weakness in face of declining Oil). Chart telling us something major is going on (divergent monetary policies) or about to happen.
13 July 2015
- Since 98.715 short initiated, high traded has been 98.79 during the worst (?) of the recent China stock meltdown/ Grexit woes.
- Should see some support at current levels 98.61 (daily chart).
- Will only pyramid sell on the break of 98.50 (weekly support line).