Truly magical moments in sporting history.
08 May 2016
01 May 2016
- Since the 1285 high made on 11Mar, gold has been consolidating earlier sharp gains from the 1046 low.
- Finally broken the 1285 high last Friday (1296 high, close 1293). Onwards and upwards from here.
- Significant previous highs are 1307, 1345, 1392 and 1434. Expect at least a couple of these, if not all, to be taken out in the following weeks. Certainly we can call an end of the downtrend now. Hang on to those longs.
- Partially makes up for missing the USD/JPY.
28 April 2016
29 March 2016
17 March 2016
- Long term USD/JPY chart looks awful. SHS top at 125.86, NL 116.13, downside objective 106.40. Uptrend reversal confirmed.
- Late making this post. Should have called this after Feb's closing at 112.68. Nevertheless, will keep a close eye on this and initiate fresh short on any rally towards the old neckline at 116.13. The market will usually always give you a 2nd chance on patterns such as this. Eg of possible scenario = frenzy on buildup towards next Fed hike.
- Good risk/reward if can get set say, above 114, stop above 116, target 106.40. Patience and discipline required. If the market doesn't give me a good entry point and I miss the move, then so be it.
- I think the Yellen Fed has cocked this up big time by starting the hike cycle too late.
04 March 2016
- Right on cue, broke out after the requisite amount of time spent forming the triangle. Had feared that it might all fizzle out and limp towards the triangle apex but no, this one has not disappointed. Very pleasant indeed.
- Am going to take some profits as we approach 1320. Short term tactical play only.
- (Anyone think move has anything to do with a potential Donald Trump presidency?)
26 February 2016
- Daily chart shows a consolidating triangle.
- Upside break of triangle (probably requires a close above 1250) should target somewhere around 1320.
- Whilst long term target remains 1377-1479, it might make sense to book some profits if the shorter term triangle target of 1320 is reached (especially given that our average long-in price is 1097, would have been quite a decent run by then).
06 February 2016
- Assume 1046 low is the low in place.
- Fibonacci retracement levels from 1912 high of 2011 are : [38%=1377] [50%=1479] and [62%=1581].
- My gut feel is 1377-1479 is achievable sometime within the next 2 years.
- Shorter term, we are probable going to break strongly above 1192 first before any meaningful attempts to shake weak bulls come into play.
- Good strong weekly close at 1173. Details behind Jan NFP numbers (strong hourly earnings, UR below 5%) have led FX and Rates markets to price some Fed hikes back in, and yet gold was able to break higher. Good sign.
- Updated weekly and daily charts on the right. Next resistance 1192.
- See next post for bigger picture and upside possibilities.
28 January 2016
- Book written by neurosurgeon who died too young. #1 on NYT non-fiction bestseller list now. [Goodreads link here]. He wrote book while dying of lung cancer.
- The other neurosurgery book by Frank Vertosick is a much better read. But I only made this post because I wanted to share Kalanithi's beautiful last words to his daughter who was only 1 year + when he died.
- "When you come to one of the many moments in life where you must give an account of yourself, provide a ledger of what you have been, and done, and meant to the world, do not, I pray, discount that you filled a dying man’s days with a sated joy, a joy unknown to me in all my prior years, a joy that does not hunger for more and more but rests, satisfied. In this time, right now, that is an enormous thing."
26 January 2016
- Been stalking this for ages and ages. Think bottom is now in place. Daily chart has turned first.
- Long at average equivalent price of 1097 (via GLD ETF).
- Immediately, there is overhead down trendline resistance at 1150 and 1131.50 (previous support on weekly). If we can break these, then all is well with the long Gold trade.
- Currently, high negative correlation with China equities.
09 December 2015
- Excellent excellent book, highly recommended, especially the chapter titled "Rebecca".
- Goodreads book description here.